Department of Geotechnics and Underground Engineering, Faculty of Civil Engineering, VŠB – Technical University of Ostrava is pleased to invite you on the 16th international conference Geotechnics 2018, that resumes a tradition of the geotechnical conferences having been held in the High Tatras in Slovakia. The organizers believe that the conference will continue successfully foregoing events and at the same time it contributes to the development of personal contacts of experts from scientific, academic, design and construction organisations and business partners from the Czech Republic, Slovakia and other countries. The 16th conference Geotechnics is held to honour the 80th jubilee of Professor Aldorf.
- New technologies and materials in geotechnical, underground and mine engineering
- Advanced methods in foundation engineering and the progressive foundation structures
- Actual geotechnical challenges in underground and transport construction
- Environmental geotechnics and hydrogeology (slope stability and landslides, waste dump, inundation areas, flood levees, tailings pond, nuclear waste repository, contaminants diffusion)
- Energy geoengineering (geothermal energy, energy ground facilities, ground storage of energy, etc.)
- Geotechnical monitoring and risk analysis in geotechnics
- Particular problems of engineering geology, geomechanics and geophysics in geotechnics and underground construction
- Education of geotechnics at universities
18.-19. 10. 2018, Horský hotel Soláň, Bzové 339, Karolinka [map of location]
The authors of the paper are asked politely to send the title of paper, including a list of all authors and an abstract up to a maximum of 1 page A4, in Czech, Slovak or English, to the 28th of February 2018 at the e-mail address of the conference secretariat of email@example.com or make use of the form on-line registration page. The authors will be given notice about the acceptance of the submitted paper to the conference proceedings by the end of March 2018. A deadline for full paper submission is the end of May 2018. The maximum length of an article is 6 pages A4, inclusive figures, and tables.
The conference fee for a participant payed to the 30th of April 2018 is 140 EUR incl. VAT, and after that date fee is 155 EUR due for payment on the 31st of August 2018. Registration fee includes admission to conference sessions, conference proceedings on an electronic medium, lunches on the 18th and 19th of October, refreshments on coffee breaks and social evening diner.
Bank name: Ceskoslovenska obchodni banka
Bank address: Na prikope 18, 110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic
Account number: 127089559/0300
Variable symbol: 2241704
Specific symbol: will be assigned when you online register
SWIFT code: CEKOCZPP
IBAN: CZ23 0300 0000 0001 2708 9559
Each participant pays yourself the cost for hotel accommodation. When you are interested of being accommodated in the Hotel Soláň, please do not contact the hotel reception personally but mark the request for accommodation in the online application form until 31 August 2018.
- Price for double room (person/night): 67 EUR
- Price for single room (person/night): 45 EUR
A breakfast buffet is included in the accommodation price.
- Invitation [PDF]
Faculty of Civil Engineering, VŠB – Technical University of Ostrava
Department of Geotechnics and Underground Engineering