|Programme profile: ||Study of the program Civil Engineering-Geotechnics and Underground Engineering follows the long tradition of teaching focused on the field of geotechnics and underground and mining construction at VŠB-TUO, which is dated since 1955.
The basic objective of study is the complex education and training of professionals in this field and the achievement of a level of engineering education that ensures the effective use of acquired information, especially in the field of geotechnical, underground and mining construction, foundation engineering, but also in the field of environmental and energy geotechnics.
Following sub-objectives can be specified:
• Expanding and deepening knowledge and skills from basic profiling areas, including underground and mining engineering, foundation engineering and geotechnical structures so that graduates are able to solve complex tasks of geotechnical practice and research using modern construction techniques and methods related to automatization and the use of new information technologies (BIM etc.)
• Expanding and deepening the knowledge of concrete, steel and wood structures, which are an important part of geotechnical structures
• Education in specialized subjects focusing on blasting work and technical blasting, technology of excavation and reinforcement of underground and mining works, geotechnical surveying, mathematical modelling, geohydrodynamics, unconventional methods of construction of underground works, environmental geotechnics (landfill, flood protection dam, dumps, etc.), fast-growing areas of energy geotechnics connected with the use of geotechnical structures for the extraction and storage of geothermal energy
• Implementation of courses in the field of testing, quality, organization and management of buildings to increase the management and organizational skills
• Increasing the interconnection of teaching with practice, especially in the final period of study, which contributes to the improvement of the final diploma thesis and successful and rapid involvement into the practical work after graduation
• Participation in the scientific and research activities and projects
• Motivation and readiness of students with best study results as well as results of scientific and research activities for the subsequent PhD study in doctoral study program Geotechnics and Underground Engineering