The branch and department gradually evolved from the field of Industrial and Urban Construction within the Institute of Civil Engineering HFG - TUO. The independent department was established on 1 January 1997, its first head was appointed Ing. Vitezslav Kuda, CSc. In the following years, Ing. Ladislav Vizda, Ing. Vladimír Koudela, CSc., Assoc. Ing. et Ing. Frantisek Kuda, CSc., Ing. Jan Ceselsky, Ph.D. and Ing. Iveta Zdarilova, Ph.D.
Head of Department of Urban Engineering:
- (1997 - 2000) Assoc. Ing. Vitezslav Kuta, CSc.
- (2000-2002) Ing. Vladislav Vižďa
- Ing. Vladimír Koudela
- (2002 - 2012) Assoc. Ing. et Ing. Frantisek Kuda, CSc.
- (2012-2014) Ing. Jan Ceselsky, Ph.D.
- (2014 - 2018) Assoc. Ing. et Ing. Frantisek Kuda, CSc.
- (2018 - present) Ing. Renata Zdařilová