The research at the Faculty of Civil Engineering is oriented on design and construction of modern and efficient buildings and infrastructures. There are advanced laboratories and we also use modern commercial software and software developed at the faculty.
The Faculty of Civil Engineering cooperates with many scientific institutions and with industry in the Czech Republic and abroad.
Main Research Topics
- Reliability and Safety of Structures
- Advanced Building Materials and Structures
- Buildings Resistant to Fire, Explosions, Seismicity and Floods
- Buildings and Transport Infrastructure in Areas Affected by Mining Activities
- Rehabilitation of Buildings and Reclamation of Brownfields
- Energy-efficient Buildings
- Sustainable Civil Engineering
- Advanced Geotechnical and Transport Structures
- Municipal Development and Urban Planning
- Modern Architecture
- Overview of Research Topics [PDF]